Gremlin Social’s Target Pages feature allows you to track how many of your visitors who end up at your site's "thank you" pages (whether for purchases made, email sign-ups, PDF downloads, or donations completed) originally came to your site from your social media posts.
Gremlin's link shortening tool, Brev.is, along with a tracking pixel placed in your thank you page footer code, communicate to alert Gremlin when certain visitors who have arrived from a specific link and end up completing an action (such as a purchase, or a donation) and making it to your website's thank you page, allowing you to assign a dollar value to your social posts.
To set a Target Page:
1. To view the Target Pages screen, hover over "Analytics" in the navigation menu and select "Target Pages" from the drop down men. You'll see a step by step guide to inform you how Target Pages work. Click the Add Target Page button.
2. Then you will enter a description of the page along with the page URL. Click Add.
3. Your page will show up with the description, URL, creation date, user that created it and Actions to choose from: Details, Edit or Delete. There will also be a line of code.
4. In order to get your Target Pages set up you’ll need to place the line of code on the back end of your landing page. To be specific, you need to copy the entire block of text and paste it above your page's closing head tag. If you aren’t sure how to do this, you’ll want to contact the person who manages your website.
5. To see how each of your target pages is performing, select the “details” icon from the action column on the far right. Here, you can view the number of visits to the page, dollar amount (if applicable) earned from the page visits, and the dollar amount associated with each visit.
You’ll also be able to see the most recent Brevis links that brought users to this Thank You page.
6. If you need to edit any of the information regarding your Target Page, select the “edit” icon from the action list.
Here, you can edit the name of your Target Page.
7. To remove any of your Target Pages, simply click on the red “x” in the far right column.